Is there a way to deactivate my key code with STEAM?

Post » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:57 pm

I want to unlink MW2 with my STEAM account which has other games attached to it. When you uninstall, is there a option to deactivate the product? Reason being is I might be interested in starting over with a new rank being that I am having to leave to leave a ton of games because of hackers.. Honestly when they iron all that *** out, I wouldn't mind having a brand new rank at level 1 to start off with again.
Stephy Beck

Post » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:12 pm

[quote="JayT1806"]I want to unlink MW2 with my STEAM account which has other games attached to it. When you uninstall, is there a option to deactivate the product? Reason being is I might be interested in starting over with a new rank being that I am having to leave to leave a ton of games because of hackers.. Honestly when they iron all that *** out, I wouldn't mind having a brand new rank at level 1 to start off with again.[/quote]

This game is not balanced for any deactivating.
kirsty joanne hines

Post » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:02 am

Why not quit playing for now, leave the key activated as it is and return when/if things have improved? What is the point of deactivating?
Silvia Gil

Post » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:10 pm

so he can sell it....DURRRR
Bigze Stacks

Post » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:24 pm

Yea. thats why I asked. I want to sell this game.
Bek Rideout

Post » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:47 pm

The only method by which STEAM resets CD keys are if the key is in "use" and that's not the same as your situation.

Sure you can lie and use the duplicate key excuse but there are a few problems:
A) STEAM is assuming the key is assigned to an account it doesn't belong in, in the process of removing the key they might disable the account the key was originally assigned to for "fradulent activity".
B) You'll need the account the license is being transferred to on hand, you can't just reset it and sell the key later.

You'll also have to provide them with pictures and such.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -IDGK-4694

It says you have to pay a few and mail some items to them. It really is nonsense, I've been waiting forever for them to allow us to reset our keys at will.
Brittany Abner

Post » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:00 am

[quote="TheAssMan"]so he can sell it....DURRRR[/quote]

Required Steam account, IWnet in stead of dedi's, rumours about paid DLC, PC version is in reality the Xbox 360 version, Activision is involved, everything about this game smells off the utter attempt to squeese every last penny out of PC gamers at the lowest imaginable costs, and the plan is to sell the game to someone else... so that Activision loses the sale of a copy at EUR 60.00.

Right, that option so is incredibly naive, that I totally overlooked it. My bad.
priscillaaa

Post » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:47 am

They get away with not allowing you to resell your game because they haven't been sued for it yet. When they day comes, and it will, they will lose. Autodesk tried to hide behind their EULA and sued a guy for reselling used copies of Autocad on ebay and they lost. They claimed they don't sell it they license it. Read over some of the cases in the wikipedia link on the first sale doctrine here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-sale_doctrine
The Time Car

Post » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:41 am

This is probably the only thing I don't like about Steam, but at least they're extremely up front about it. You know how every time you activate a game with Steam, it tells you that it will be permanently and inextricably tied to that Steam account forever? For all intents and purposes, you can go ahead and take that literally.

Short answer: no. Personally, I hope they don't reset levels if/when a patch comes out (don't hold your breath for a dedicated server patch and IWnet won't be getting much better). I've never looked at my win/lose ratio because I don't care. Really, in a game that features only random matchmaking and doesn't even rank private matches, what does it even prove? You could be the best player in the world - but if you get stuck with a sh*tty team every time, you could still have a sh*tty record. Not to mention all the times IWnet sh*ts the bed, as you've pointed out. I'd much rather have all the sh*t I've unlocked thus far.
Marquis T

Return to COD6 PC