White hot / Black hot option for thermal scopes on rifles.

Post » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:15 pm

I think we should have a white hot/black hot option with the thermal scopes on our rifles just like the AC130. It would be nice just for personal preference or for some maps that I feel a black hot would give a better over all picture.

It would be really easy to do. When scoped in press square you change between white/black hot. When scoped out square would do a reload just like normal.

:-)
^~LIL B0NE5~^

Post » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:13 pm

I would like for the thermal scopes to be in color, like the ones you see on TV. You can't discern any shapes, but you can see where something is hot/cold. I think that might be a lot of work though.
Tracey Duncan

Post » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:26 pm

Oh you mean like Predator vision. Not the missile but the movie. Yeah that stuff is sweet! It would be alot of work though.
Courtney Foren

Post » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:25 pm

That's the one.

After playing with the thermal some more, I could definitely appreciate a black/white hot option. I think overall, the thermal scope has a lot of potential (as it is really modern-y), but it's underdeveloped.
joeK

Post » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:59 pm

real thermal scopes only show white.
Franko AlVarado

Post » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:36 pm

The above poster is right, there is no such thing as "black hot" Thermal scopes, ones that are in colour would be another kind of vision, perhaps infra-red is what you're thinking of there. Of course you could argue that doesn't matter and that its a game etc, but really how would a black colour really help? It might be a little useful on Derail/snow maps perhaps, but its really not that hard to see the bright white against the greyed look of the snow through a thermal, and black would be really hard to see in dark windows etc.
kennedy

Post » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:00 am

No there is a black hot/white hot option. I used a version often when I was in the military. AN/PAS 13B is what I used and it not only had an option to go from white hot to black hot. It had different reticle options based on weapon type and such. A great tool.

The main difference between white and black hot is the type of detail you pick up.

Black hot image:
http://www.7b.org/thermal-sight-flir-99 ... 981273.jpg

White hot image:
http://www.7b.org/thermal-night-vision- ... 982739.jpg

In my opinion black hot allows for more focus on targets since your back drop is not as detailed.

Also: To your infrared comment. Thermal sites work of a the principal of something called FLIR. FLIR stands for forward looking infrared. So you see, a thermal scope is an infrared scope. The predator vision as I call it is just a really advanced version that allows the infrared to display different color spectrum's based on the heat temperature of your target.
how solid

Post » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:05 am

black hot stands out at distance and white hot is better over all but on snow maps i would like the option.
Rozlyn Robinson

Post » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:39 am

if white is hot, why is the snow white?
Shannon Marie Jones

Post » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:31 pm

your only thinking one dimensional. You can say the same thing about color. Why is it in solid objects white is all the colors combined. But when dealing with light the color white is actually the absence of color. Hence why in hexadecimal form white is #000000 instead of #FFFFFF (Black).

Thermal imaging is just that, an image produced with in the sight based of off FLIR. So it would be very easy to write a program that says display something hot as black, white, red. Whatever.

So to answer your question. Real snow is white because it contains all colors. Fake snow on a television (like in the game) is white because it actually contains no color. And snow on a thermal sight is whatever color that thermal sight is programed to show when something is cold. Got it. :-)
gary lee

Post » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:52 am

Seriously the BLACK HOT would be a major bonus.
I love my thermal scoped Barrett,...but on Derailed, its almost of no use ,...all that white, and white hot vision, can barely see anything...

I would sign a petition for Black hot option yesterday!
FLYBOYLEAK

Post » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:51 am

LOL, I was just thinking it would be a good idea. But a petition. Do those even really work?
Your Mum

Return to COD6 PS3